F18-100 controller, no power.

Ask questions and get answers if you hit a snug or unsure how to set up your ride
Santacruz

F18-100 controller, no power.

Unread post by Santacruz » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:11 am

Hi,
I have just completed my new build. I don't want to go into a lot of details, but I am not getting any power to the motor.
I have one of those Chinese hall testers.
Using that, Motor phases are ok.
Motor halls are okay.
Plugged into controller, I am not getting any throttle reading.
I am using a CA3 also and this shows the throttle climb when I use it and the PAS works and the ebrake shows it's working. (Throttle is a slim line hall from grin, so is correct for the CA3, as is PAS, also from grin and direct plug and play with CA3). The speedometer also works when I spin the back wheel.
But nothing at the motor. I also checked the hall power and when the controller is switched on it shows about 4.35v between red and black.
The app will not connect at all on my android phone (controller has built in BT) and I have done all the cache clearing and unpaired all BT devices. It shows the PowerVeloCity-i when bike turned on, but will not connect.
My iPhone connects, but in program shows failed due to response timed out, that is to read or write.
The dash shows no information at all, everything is 0.
The CA3 shows battery voltage.
I am at a loss what to check. I have been over all the wiring and it is correct and connected. The CA3 registers everything and it is getting it's power from the controller (6 pin controller to CA3).
Do I have a controller fault?

PVadmin
Site Admin

Re: F18-100 controller, no power.

Unread post by PVadmin » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:29 pm

Can be a lot of reasons. Most of the time, it's wrong wiring or incorrect settings programmed on the controller.
Please specify what voltage you are running. The Bluetooth should read data. If it's not reading, there may be a problem with the BT. When was the controller purchased? Controllers made years ago had an older type of Bluetooth module that may not work with the current app.

Santacruz wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:11 am
Hi,
I have just completed my new build. I don't want to go into a lot of details, but I am not getting any power to the motor.
I have one of those Chinese hall testers.
Using that, Motor phases are ok.
Motor halls are okay.
Plugged into controller, I am not getting any throttle reading.
I am using a CA3 also and this shows the throttle climb when I use it and the PAS works and the ebrake shows it's working. (Throttle is a slim line hall from grin, so is correct for the CA3, as is PAS, also from grin and direct plug and play with CA3). The speedometer also works when I spin the back wheel.
But nothing at the motor. I also checked the hall power and when the controller is switched on it shows about 4.35v between red and black.
The app will not connect at all on my android phone (controller has built in BT) and I have done all the cache clearing and unpaired all BT devices. It shows the PowerVeloCity-i when bike turned on, but will not connect.
My iPhone connects, but in program shows failed due to response timed out, that is to read or write.
The dash shows no information at all, everything is 0.
The CA3 shows battery voltage.
I am at a loss what to check. I have been over all the wiring and it is correct and connected. The CA3 registers everything and it is getting it's power from the controller (6 pin controller to CA3).
Do I have a controller fault?

Santacruz

Unread post by Santacruz » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:14 am

Hi,
My battery pack is a 22s 5p, made of 26650 cells. Each cell is capable of 25amp continuous and 50amp burst.
This feeds into a 150amp ANT BMS. Supply is protected by 100amp fuse.
As stated in my post, the wiring is correct, I have checked it many times and this is not the first e bike I have built. I can also see the wiring is correct as I have a CA3 installed and plugged into the controller and this indicates everything is working.
The controller was shipped 28/08/2017, so I don't know if this means the bluetooth is out of date.
I did open the controller to see if anything visible looked bad and everything looks fine, except for the way the mosfets are soldered in.
Here is a photo of the board (I have noted one part gets quite warm to the touch when it is plugged in, just main cables and switched on):-
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Y1sNW ... T18rA7xJ51

and here is a picture of the mosfets and circuit board. I don't know if this will be a problem:-
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k_8ys ... 7qnB4GGB39

PVadmin
Site Admin

Unread post by PVadmin » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:12 am

This is a very old module. It should work for programming only though. I suggest you unplug it from the board and see if the motor runs without it.
Santacruz wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:14 am
Hi,
My battery pack is a 22s 5p, made of 26650 cells. Each cell is capable of 25amp continuous and 50amp burst.
This feeds into a 150amp ANT BMS. Supply is protected by 100amp fuse.
As stated in my post, the wiring is correct, I have checked it many times and this is not the first e bike I have built. I can also see the wiring is correct as I have a CA3 installed and plugged into the controller and this indicates everything is working.
The controller was shipped 28/08/2017, so I don't know if this means the bluetooth is out of date.
I did open the controller to see if anything visible looked bad and everything looks fine, except for the way the mosfets are soldered in.
Here is a photo of the board (I have noted one part gets quite warm to the touch when it is plugged in, just main cables and switched on):-
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Y1sNW ... T18rA7xJ51

and here is a picture of the mosfets and circuit board. I don't know if this will be a problem:-
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k_8ys ... 7qnB4GGB39