cannot get app to work / update / anything

Ask questions and get answers if you hit a snug or unsure how to set up your ride
mrcashback

Re: cannot get app to work / update / anything

Unread post by mrcashback » Fri May 08, 2020 6:35 pm

alright i gave it the fonzy and next thing you know its measuring 68v accross the battery pack again amd motor fires up. obviously the controller is shorting somewhere, so not good.

any suggestions? and how do i rewire the bt module or usb to programm it and get it desplaying stats (seen as i paid no attention when chopping it off)

mrcashback

Unread post by mrcashback » Sat May 09, 2020 12:14 am

arghhh... i disconnect, come back a few hours later reconnect, moved nothing, changed nothing, and now i get nothing again..

back to reading 1v acree the +ve and -ve while battery connected..

What could be going on here???

mrcashback

Unread post by mrcashback » Sat May 09, 2020 1:06 am

oh dear...

im not sure if something is disconnecting/connecting incorrectly, or if im.inadvertantly triggering a switch/alarm or similar (the alarm pack isnt connected).

i draged the multimeter accross the bottom of the board checking for continuity between the groups of transistors, then i touched some random points just out of frustration, plugged in battery and boom, it works again...
i dont know if laughing or crying is the correct thing to do, but i feel like theres a simple explanation here

mrcashback

Unread post by mrcashback » Sat May 09, 2020 3:45 am

further update: it seems clear now... wasnt working again after leaving it for a few hours, flioped the board again, shortes a bunch of terminals again, plugged it back up and boom, were off to the races.

om not sure which short is making it work, but is there some kind of switched connection I should he paying attention to???

mrcashback

Unread post by mrcashback » Tue May 12, 2020 1:52 am

i kno ive haf alot of msgs with no reply, but after cleaning all tracks from possibke shortd, fixing some iffy solders and keeping my fingets xd it seems to work stably now...

so next q, how can i programm it as bt still doesnt work it wants me to update fw but fails.. can i use an old app version or the usb connec,tion to update/programm?

PVadmin
Site Admin

Unread post by PVadmin » Tue May 12, 2020 4:56 pm

Glad it worked finally. Hard to tell what's going on but I one this for sure, no controllers shipped untested, even 4 years ago.
I'll see if I can find the old app. It was decommissioned 4 years ago.

mrcashback

Unread post by mrcashback » Tue May 12, 2020 11:47 pm

I wouldnt be surprised if it was something to do with critters getting into it while it was stored and bridging connections while it was stored in the bikeframe that was outside and. regardless, its obviously working now, and theres nothing obvious I could spot, so something connecting or not that was/wasnt supposed to is my only theory right now.

it was 3yrs ago, April 2017 that I placed the order, so hopefully thats the right app, but that would be swell :)

If I can get it programmed and functioning one way or another, im in business finally! thankyou.

oh, one other thing.
the dog ate my alarm key fobs last night... both of them :( do you have more. or a link to where i could get more that will work with my unit?

mrcashback

Unread post by mrcashback » Tue May 19, 2020 11:30 pm

any joy on the old app (or even a pc/usb option ) i can get this tging programmed up with?

mrcashback

Unread post by mrcashback » Fri May 29, 2020 4:13 am

just a bump on the request for a way to programm this controller, either old app, or a way via the usb connection, or something else?

PVadmin
Site Admin

Unread post by PVadmin » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:01 pm

Probably it would be best to upgrade the module. We should have one at a reduced price for existing customers.
mrcashback wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:13 am
just a bump on the request for a way to programm this controller, either old app, or a way via the usb connection, or something else?