Alarm advice

Ask questions and get answers if you hit a snug or unsure how to set up your ride
cladden

Alarm advice

Unread post by cladden » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:47 am

Does anyone have suggestions for an alarm solution?

Ideally the alarm would sound a siren upon detecting movement.

I'm hoping for an alarm that integrates well with my 15kW controller and iOS app, but a standalone alarm solution could work too.

The 7kW wiring diagram on the website has signals for "detect motor rotation" and "block motor", but I don't see these these wires labeled on my 15kW controller or bluetooth module. Do these signals still exist on the 15kW controller somewhere?

PVadmin
Site Admin

Re: Alarm advice

Unread post by PVadmin » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:01 pm

We used to have alarms with sirens but don't carry them anymore.
It seems like it's all trending towards having phone based alarms (texting or calling to your phone) + GPS tracking.
We are working on a solution that would integrate with the new BT module and the app. Adding a siren is a possibility down the road if there is enough demand.

There may be some third party solutions that can work but we haven't seen any good ones (hence developing our own).

The signals for an alarm system are available on all controllers, they are just not wired outside if alarm is not shipped together with a controller. It's fairly easy to wire it though.
cladden wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:47 am
Does anyone have suggestions for an alarm solution?

Ideally the alarm would sound a siren upon detecting movement.

I'm hoping for an alarm that integrates well with my 15kW controller and iOS app, but a standalone alarm solution could work too.

The 7kW wiring diagram on the website has signals for "detect motor rotation" and "block motor", but I don't see these these wires labeled on my 15kW controller or bluetooth module. Do these signals still exist on the 15kW controller somewhere?

cladden

Unread post by cladden » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:34 am

We are working on a solution that would integrate with the new BT module and the app.
When do you expect this will be ready to ship? Is the pricing details for existing customers available?
The signals for an alarm system are available on all controllers, they are just not wired outside if alarm is not shipped together with a controller. It's fairly easy to wire it though.
When chatting via endless-sphere.com PM, before ordering, I expressed interest in the alarm and it was said the alarm functions are available. I was surprised these functions were not broken out to wires on the unit that arrived. I'd rather have these wires broken out from the "factory", and not have to break the water-resistant seals myself.

If I was adventurous to open the controller up, can you describe how to wire that functionality to detect rotation / block motor signals on the controller?

Alternatively, if the new bluetooth module allows to detect/block rotation (say as part of keyless entry), without needing to open my controller case up, that would be preferable.

PVadmin
Site Admin

Unread post by PVadmin » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:26 pm

We'll add instructions on how to add wires for alarm in the blog here: http://powervelocity.com/blog/