cannot get app to work / update / anything

Ask questions and get answers if you hit a snug or unsure how to set up your ride
E-HP

Re: cannot get app to work / update / anything

Unread post by E-HP » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:55 pm

PVadmin wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:01 pm
Probably it would be best to upgrade the module. We should have one at a reduced price for existing customers.
mrcashback wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:13 am
just a bump on the request for a way to programm this controller, either old app, or a way via the usb connection, or something else?
I have the same sort of issue with my 7kW controller. Bluetooth will connect, but when trying to read or write, it errors out. Is replacing the bluetooth the only fix? I saw a YouTube video of someone with the same error:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWXLI-Y98qw

What's the cost of the module?

PVadmin
Site Admin

Unread post by PVadmin » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:10 pm

Four years ago, the module was very basic, it was using 2.0 protocol. It worked only with Androids and the app very basic allowing programming only. About 3 years ago, we switched to BLE 4.0 modules and added dashboard functionality and enabled iOS support.
The old modules, pre-2018 will not work with the new app. They should still continue to work with the old Android-only app.

E-HP

Unread post by E-HP » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:47 am

PVadmin wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:10 pm
Four years ago, the module was very basic, it was using 2.0 protocol. It worked only with Androids and the app very basic allowing programming only. About 3 years ago, we switched to BLE 4.0 modules and added dashboard functionality and enabled iOS support.
The old modules, pre-2018 will not work with the new app. They should still continue to work with the old Android-only app.
Thanks. Is the old Android app still available? I have couple of tablet sitting around somewhere. I just want to be able to change the settings.

Also, is there a way to upgrade the old module with the current module?

mrcashback

Unread post by mrcashback » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:16 am

When i bought mine i was using ios and you said that was suitable at the time, so maybe its not the old module?

do you have any pics of the old and new modules to compare, and can you pm me price of the new module, or an installer for the old app on android or bt so I can use it? thx

E-HP

Unread post by E-HP » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:13 pm

Mine is internal and definitely is connecting via BLE. I used a smart bluetooth app to locate BLE devices, and the controller shows up right after powering it up, and lists the services.
The PV app connects, but won't read or write.